- I didn’t write on my Blog. Yep, and I have a feeling like a big heavy ball-and-chain is holding me back from writing in the new until I say farewell to the old. So here’s some of my ‘didn’ts and dids’ for last year . . .
- I didn’t go to Europe but I went to California where my grandson is an animator with Disney and we got a personal tour. How many grandmothers do you know have a grandchild that works in a building with Mickey Mouse’s top hat on top?
- I didn’t go to the opera but I did go to a few simulcasts at my local theater and experienced Tannhauser–4 hours of magnificent Wagner. I did go to Lincoln Center last fall for a NYBT performance. I have a daughter who loves dance, especially ballet, so it’s my treat every year for her birthday and she buys dinner. Last year was the best–in three acts, the first was classical ballet, tutu and toe, performed to a Mozart Divertimento; the second was modern dressed in tight black and white–I liked this one best, but the third and longest act was a series of beautiful waltzes with gorgeous flowing dresses and tuxedoes. So Elegant and full of grace.
- I didn’t see ‘Hamilton’ but I saw ‘Cagney’ and left singing “I’m a Yankee Doodle Dandy”.
- I did go to the Brooklyn Museum to focus on Judy Chicago’s ‘The Dinner Party’. It’s the seminal work of the feminist movement of the 70’s. 39 porcelain place settings quietly await their famous guests while 999 more names of great women in history are scrolled over the porcelain tiled floor. It’s powerful and brought tears to my eyes.
- Finally, I ended the year with all my family around me. This was the first time we’ve all been together in several years–22 of us and growing–and wow! can they eat!!!
Enjoyed this post? Follow, like, and share here!
Leave a Reply